Sunday, October 01, 2006

"An Inconvenient Truth" blitzkrieg

I've noticed something interesting going on. SciGuy reports that more than 20 Houston-area churches will show Gore's film on climate change next week. Over on Prometheus, Roger Pielke Jr. blogged that the film will be shown at the University of Colorado, and then there'd be a panel discussion following. I have been invited to attend a screening of the film at SMU, and then be part of a panel discussion there.

It seems obvious that there's a concerted effort to get this movie out there. I'm not sure who's behind it (if any of you know, please let me know), but I think that these showings of the movie and panel discussions will definitely benefit the debate. While I might quibble with a statement here or there in the movie, overall I think the movie is pretty accurate. Much more accurate, in fact, than recent Wall Street Journal editorials on the subject. I think that most people come out of the movie better informed than when they went in.

1 comment:

EliRabett said...

http://www.climatecrisis.net/